Debra is a Newcastle based singer, who has established her distinctive jazz voice across the northeast of England, as an interpreter of well know standards, as well as for her unique selection of rarely sung material, inspired by jazz artists such as Jon Hendricks, Betty Carter, Kurt Elling, Chet Baker, Eddie Jefferson, Jobim, Horace Silver & many more.
The Debra Milne & Steve Glendinning Duo is a collaboration with the Tyneside guitar maestro, featuring their original material, and songs written by Debra with other north east jazz musicians.
Debra also performs with the Safe Sextet, featuring a great range of swing & blues inspired by bop and post bop era musicians such as Horace Silver, Miles Davis & Georgie Fame.
Debra's bands from recent years were the Debra Milne Ensemble, Milne & Johnston Band and Jazz Latin Groove, which performed at venues across the north of England, including Hoochie Coochie, the Jazz Cafe & The Globe in Newcastle, Empty Shop & The Brass Festival in Durham, & Jazz Clubs in Darlington, Hexham & Carlisle.
''...... supercharged standards with plangent spaces" Hazel Hanley, Hexham Jazz Club
Browse the pages to….
- Listen to music from the Debra Milne Ensemble
- Hear original songs written by Debra and Steve Glendinning
- Find out about 'Jazz Latin Groove'
- Read reviews of recent gigs
- Get links to Debra’s favourite jazz websites
- Read reviews of vocal jazz albums, written by Debra for jazz blog Bebop Spoken Here.
For bookings please use the contact page.